cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Thingworx as a Client- REST API

newieKek
13-Aquamarine

Thingworx as a Client- REST API

Hi All, 

Hope to get some guidance, as i am new to REST API in thingworx 

I hope to know the plausibility:

1.  A bit from the field trigger an alarm,  this bit is a properties of Thing:MonitorER.
  2. When this bit trigger, ThingWorx will Post/Put some data to trigger an remote REST API server.

Is there any tutorial related to creating a Services in Thingworx or in Thing (eg:Thing:MonitorER ?) to Put/Post data to Remote REST API server with the bit is trigger? 

I read the Postman as Client to request Thingworx info, ThingWorx REST API Cheat Sheet and CS224211. I am abit lost.

So i hope know if there is any tutorial or guide specifically on how to create services for POST data from Thingworx to Remote REST API server, any online training i can look into. 

hope someone can provide some info, i would like to learn more.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

NewbieKek 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:newieKek)

ThingWorx has a resource called 'Contentloader functions' in there are all the GET/POST/PUT services that you can use with an external REST API

Aside from that if you need guidance on how to create services etc, I recommend PTCU where you can take the intro level classes for ThingWorx developers.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:newieKek)

ThingWorx has a resource called 'Contentloader functions' in there are all the GET/POST/PUT services that you can use with an external REST API

Aside from that if you need guidance on how to create services etc, I recommend PTCU where you can take the intro level classes for ThingWorx developers.

Top Tags