cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Thingworx platform Installation

veerasekar
7-Bedrock

Thingworx platform Installation

Hi all

I have do  thingworx platform installation  as per PTC guide.

I do Tomcat installation time paste this section in java area.

-Dserver -Dd64
-XX:+UseG1GC
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Djava.library.path=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions.

After that restart tomcat.  tomcat server stopped and error 4 occured.

Next step i cannot do this.pls consider me and reply me sir....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:veerasekar)

Hi @veerasekar.

There could be a number of things wrong.  From the settings you provided, please make sure that the period (.) does not actually exist at the end of this setting:

-Djava.library.path=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions.

If it does exist, remove it and restart Tomcat.  If the service still fails to start, please provide the logs located at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\logs.  Also, please provide the platform-settings.json located in the ThingworxPlatform folder.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:veerasekar)

Hi @veerasekar.

There could be a number of things wrong.  From the settings you provided, please make sure that the period (.) does not actually exist at the end of this setting:

If it does exist, remove it and restart Tomcat.  If the service still fails to start, please provide the logs located at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\logs.  Also, please provide the platform-settings.json located in the ThingworxPlatform folder.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @veerasekar.

Did my last response help you to find a solution?  If so, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.  If you are still encountering issues, please provide the logs and further details of the problem.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags