cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Timer thing stopped working

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite

Timer thing stopped working

Hello,

Urgent help needed.

From the last two months, I was using a timer thing and it was working fine, but now I've seen that it has stopped working.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:mnaeem)

Hi @mnaeem.

For the benefit of others in the community, this was a permissions-related issue. Specifically, the Run as user for the timer thing should have visibility to the timer as well as runtime permission for any action (property write, service invoke, etc.).

If you agree that this was the solution, please mark this response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @mnaeem ,

If this is really serious, please open a Tech Support ticket as soon as possible.

My suggestion now would be to:

1. Restart the Timer via unchecking the Active checkbox / Save / Checking it back to true / Save.

2. Making sure that the subscriptions to its Timer event are actually enabled (wherever they are used)

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite
(To:VladimirRosu)

Thank you @VladimirRosu ,

Already tried it, but still not working. 
Yes it's serious and needs to resolve asap.

Muhammad Naeem Akhtar

Then please open the Support Ticket. That's the only way in which you can make use of the SLA guaranteed by our service contract. I assume you have an active licence and user and password to our support portal, right?

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite
(To:VladimirRosu)

Just opened a case.

Thank You @VladimirRosu 

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite

Hi @VladimirRosu ,

Now not even able to open the platform and we have a project completed and it's in production.

I'm seeing the following error, when trying to log in.

mnaeem_0-1594191497790.png

Didn't receive any response on the case.

Thank You,

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mnaeem.

We strive to ensure that our customer's needs are being met and apologize for any issues you encountered with your case.  Please provide the case number so we can follow up. 

Regards.

--Sharon

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley ,

Here is the case number 15459313.

I've seen the messages on the case, but I couldn't respond as I didn't receive any notification. Now I checked it manage cases and added a comment.

Thank You,

Naeem

slangley
23-Emerald II

Thank you, @mnaeem.

I apologize for the lack of email updates.  We've had some problems with that recently, but until now I didn't realize it was affecting customers.  I am escalating that issue.

I will monitor the case so that an update can be posted here once a solution is found.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mnaeem.

For the benefit of others in the community, this was a permissions-related issue. Specifically, the Run as user for the timer thing should have visibility to the timer as well as runtime permission for any action (property write, service invoke, etc.).

If you agree that this was the solution, please mark this response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Thank You @slangley ,
In addition to the problem solution you mentioned, there was an entity which was generating events on property update and because of multiple properties there was a long queue of events generated.

Best Regards,
Muhammad Naeem Akhtar

Top Tags