cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Timeseries graph tooltip for x-axis time formatting.

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Timeseries graph tooltip for x-axis time formatting.

Hello ,

I am using thingworx (9.1.5) timeseries chart and i would like to format the tooltip for time. I don't see any property to format tooltip and it neither takes the format set for the x-axis.

Is there a possibility to do it via CSS or what would be the better approach. 

sbt_0-1634048627638.png

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine
(To:sbt)

Hi @sbt,

I'm afraid as mentioned in Help Center, this ValuesTooltip property will not show up until you upgrade your ThingWorx to 9.2 or later version.

The following charts include support for custom tooltips in ThingWorx 9.2 and later:

Bar Chart

Line Chart

Pareto Chart

Schedule Chart

Waterfall Chart

It seems it's not possible to customize the tooltip of line chart widgets prior to ThingWorx 9.2.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine

Hi @sbt,

I think Thingworx Platform only doesn't come with a Timeseries widget. Are you using Time Series Chart V2 widget introduced in Custom-Charts-Extension-Package-3-0-5?

Could you please provide the entities (mashup, datashape, things i.e data source...) and the extension if you used?

See below Help Center on customizing chart tooltip:

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Mashup_Builder/Widgets/CreatingCustomChartTooltips.html#

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:TonyZhang)

Hello @TonyZhang ,

I am using the line chart which is part of the standard widget library. sorry my mistake to call it has timeseries.

sbt_0-1634201847115.png

I will also look into the link what you have sent.

Thanks for the support.

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:TonyZhang)

Hello @TonyZhang ,

I did not find the "ValuesTooltip" property against the widget. Have you modified the datatime tool tip in the custom format. I created the localization token as per the document but to what property i need to assign that to? I dont see any tooltip property for the chart widget..

sbt_0-1634212752102.png

Thank you!!

TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine

Hi @sbt,

I'm afraid as mentioned in Help Center, this ValuesTooltip property will not show up until you upgrade your ThingWorx to 9.2 or later version.

The following charts include support for custom tooltips in ThingWorx 9.2 and later:

Bar Chart

Line Chart

Pareto Chart

Schedule Chart

Waterfall Chart

It seems it's not possible to customize the tooltip of line chart widgets prior to ThingWorx 9.2.

Top Tags