cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Unable to install ThingWorx Foundation Trial v9

RL_9698466
4-Participant

Unable to install ThingWorx Foundation Trial v9

Trying to install ThingWorx foundation trial and stepping through the installation guide online, but it keeps failing with just a generic error message. I'm making sure to run the install as an administrator.

I've attached the error message coming up during the failed install, as well as my command prompt output for Java version and accessibility to keytool.

The system I'm trying to install it on is Windows 10 Pro (I've also tried running the installer on compatibility mode Win 8), 4 cores, and 16GB memory, with well over 100GB storage available. 

Any assistance/ideas appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RL_9698466
4-Participant
(To:odukiya)

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

The Install Dir auto deletes when install fails, I could try get the log out before it does that, as for the failed install log, I've attached it here.

I've been following the guide you mentioned.

Regards,

RL

EDIT: I tried to install again, and grabbed the install Dir log before it auto-deleted. Attached. -The installer gets to near the end, and gets stuck on the "waiting for ThingWorx Foundation" step.

EDIT 2:Fixed, Issue was my PATH was pointing to jdk\bin, when switched to pointing to jdk\jre\bin it worked. -removed previous attachments. Leaving comment for others who may have the same issue

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello,

Is there a log?

BR,

Max

RL_9698466
4-Participant
(To:Rocket_Max)

Hi Max,

Logs below. Thanks for the help.

Regards,

RL

EDIT: Solved, see solution -removed attachments

odukiya
15-Moonstone
(To:RL_9698466)

Hello @RL_9698466 

Can you please check and provide logs file from following folders?

${installdir}\installer\logs\

${system_temp_directory}\ThingWorxFoundation_Failed_installs\

You can also follow foundation installer guide if haven't done :

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/foundation-windows-install-guide

thanks

Om Dukiya

RL_9698466
4-Participant
(To:odukiya)

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

The Install Dir auto deletes when install fails, I could try get the log out before it does that, as for the failed install log, I've attached it here.

I've been following the guide you mentioned.

Regards,

RL

EDIT: I tried to install again, and grabbed the install Dir log before it auto-deleted. Attached. -The installer gets to near the end, and gets stuck on the "waiting for ThingWorx Foundation" step.

EDIT 2:Fixed, Issue was my PATH was pointing to jdk\bin, when switched to pointing to jdk\jre\bin it worked. -removed previous attachments. Leaving comment for others who may have the same issue

nice troubleshoot

Jimwang
14-Alexandrite
(To:RL_9698466)

It is necessary to check the installer log file to understand what happened. You can find the location of the log files as Om Dukiya posted

Top Tags