cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Where to find the expression display name ?

seanccc
17-Peridot

Where to find the expression display name ?

The expression and validation become  a setting in the Function panel since 8.4.  However the debug info only display the display name of expression/validation , like UIexpression-59  instead of the name I created for expression/validation. 

Where can I find the display name ? 

Regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @seanccc.

ThingWorx 9.0 was released yesterday, and it contains the fix needed to expose the expression system ID.  Since we now have a fix for this issue, please mark the appropriate post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Thank you for your participation in the community!

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:seanccc)

The display name shows up when deleting the expression, it's only way I can find . 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @seanccc.

Apologies for the delay on this post.  We have validated this behavior and have reached out to R&D.  Once I receive a response, I will advise if this needs to be submitted as an improvement on our Ideas page or whether there is another way to see the custom name in debug.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @seanccc.

We have created an internal ticket for this issue.  Unfortunately, there isn't a workaround available.

I will post an update here once further feedback has been received.

Regards.

--Sharon

seanccc
17-Peridot

@slangley ,

thank you for following up.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @seanccc.

Just an update.....The issue you reported regarding the Expression System ID not being exposed, is targeted for resolution in the next release of the product due out in Spring 2020.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @seanccc.

ThingWorx 9.0 was released yesterday, and it contains the fix needed to expose the expression system ID.  Since we now have a fix for this issue, please mark the appropriate post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Thank you for your participation in the community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags