cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

WriteCSVFile service output EST instead of UTC

AdarshBNair
5-Regular Member

WriteCSVFile service output EST instead of UTC

Hi 

I have a service where i write a propertyHistory infotable to a csv file. In the UI, I can see the datetime in IST format, but I expected the timestamp on the written csv file to have UTC format. But instead, the timestamp is in EDT/EST format. Is there a method to change this conversion so that I can get the output timestamp in UTC. Since the EST/EDT vary each year the quality of the exported data has an expiration date. Please let me know your comments. @VladimirRosu 

3 REPLIES 3

AdarshBNair
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

AdarshBNair_0-1667417121253.png

Hi I have attached an image of two end results TWX GUI is QueryNamedPropertyHistory output which is in IST, and thats allright The CSV output is what I get when writing the left handside infotable to csv using WriteCSVfile service. I expected the timestamp to be writtten in UTC (5HRS AND 30 MINS BEHIND IST) But it's getting written in EST (9hrs and 30 mins behind). This is the issue I have. I want to write the data in UTC since it does not depend on Daylight saving or such variations. I am convinced that it has something to do with the way CSV Parser is interpreting the timestamp. Please let me know if some modifications to extension could fix this issue or any other solution is available.

In what time zone does the Thingworx server hosted? and Thingworx version?

Top Tags