cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

thingworx agent to connect to Azure IoT hub

soumya-hcl
8-Gravel

thingworx agent to connect to Azure IoT hub

Is it possible to connect a Thingworx agent( made by the c sdk) to send messages to Azure IoT hub. If we have to connect Thingworx agent based devices with Azure then how it should be done ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:vangne)

Hi @soumya-hcl.

To answer your original question, it's not possible to use our SDK to send messages directly to the Azure IoT Hub.  You would need to use an SDK that talks with the Azure IoT Hub to accomplish this.  As Vibhuti  stated, we do have an IoT Hub connector that allows you to interact with the Azure IoT Hub, but this interaction is between ThingWorx platform (not an agent) and the Azure IoT Hub.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@soumya-hcl 

You may refer to this guide for more information.

Please let us know if this is helpful.

Thanks,

Vibhuti

Thanks Vibhuti.

Probably you did not understand my query. I am looking for connectivity between a device which is running a ThingWorx sdk based agent with Azure IoTHub. The guide which you shared lets connect Azure SDK based devices to connect to ThingWorx. I am looking for the reverse.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:vangne)

Hi @soumya-hcl.

To answer your original question, it's not possible to use our SDK to send messages directly to the Azure IoT Hub.  You would need to use an SDK that talks with the Azure IoT Hub to accomplish this.  As Vibhuti  stated, we do have an IoT Hub connector that allows you to interact with the Azure IoT Hub, but this interaction is between ThingWorx platform (not an agent) and the Azure IoT Hub.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @soumya-hcl.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags