cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

two dropdown widget use one service on same mashup will display the same value

CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite

two dropdown widget use one service on same mashup will display the same value

Dear community,

My Thingworx version is 9.0. Here are my steps:

1. create a mashup
  2. drag two dropdown widget on the mashup
  3. add a service
  4. drag the service return data to two mashup
  5. view mashup

when I select one of dropdown, the another dropdown will display the same value auto. See the attached screenshot.

Is my handling method wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's working as expected.

The widgets like Dropdown list & Grid are just data receiver, when you select 1 row of data inside, you're pointing to the source service, and the selected row of data will be presented in all widgets that's linked to the output of this service.   We always use this function to co-related between different widgets.   i.e  Select 1 row of data from infotable result in Grid, and present the details in related charts.

What's your expectation on putting 2 drop down widget to same service as source?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It's working as expected.

The widgets like Dropdown list & Grid are just data receiver, when you select 1 row of data inside, you're pointing to the source service, and the selected row of data will be presented in all widgets that's linked to the output of this service.   We always use this function to co-related between different widgets.   i.e  Select 1 row of data from infotable result in Grid, and present the details in related charts.

What's your expectation on putting 2 drop down widget to same service as source?

CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite
(To:zyuan1)

Thank you very much for your answers.

We are doing a chart display. This chart allows customers to choose any two attributes to display on the chart, so we want to use two dropdowns to provide customers with the attributes they want to display.

Now we have solved this requirement by adding the same service twice, thank you very much for your explanation so that I can understand the meaning of this widget more deeply.

Top Tags