cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

twx_named_user Limits

VCortes2203
5-Regular Member

twx_named_user Limits

I don't understand all the information around twx_named_user. When I enter to MonitoringSubsystemsLicensing Subsystem Settings, I can see that I have 10 users in Total Feature Count, but in Available Feaute Count I have -20, and in Is Enforced is false.

Can someone help me to understand the meaning of the information? The total Feaute Count is the limit of user than can be created or the number of users that can be active at the same time? What Happend when Is Enforced is false or true?

I need to find how many user can I have in thingworx, I have 30 users created and I don't have any problems but I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

I have attached an image with my license info in thingworx.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @VCortes2203,

I was aware from experience about those columns, but after I searched the support.ptc.com portal I see that we also have some support articles, and this one especially holds the answer to your question: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS324097 .

In short, you created 20 users more than what the license file allows you to do (I don't have access to your customer data as of now to check if you split this number of users across multiple instances, but beware that this is possible to do using the License Management page of the support portal).

PS: If you're asking what is the definition of an "user", in short, you must read your PTC Contract to see what that means (it differs based on the license model).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @VCortes2203,

I was aware from experience about those columns, but after I searched the support.ptc.com portal I see that we also have some support articles, and this one especially holds the answer to your question: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS324097 .

In short, you created 20 users more than what the license file allows you to do (I don't have access to your customer data as of now to check if you split this number of users across multiple instances, but beware that this is possible to do using the License Management page of the support portal).

PS: If you're asking what is the definition of an "user", in short, you must read your PTC Contract to see what that means (it differs based on the license model).

Top Tags