cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Why is the processes zbcefr.exe *32 showing when running Creo3

bradlawrence
9-Granite

Why is the processes zbcefr.exe *32 showing when running Creo3

Per below, these processes zbcefr.exe *32 run during Creo3 M100.  Why are they there and how can I get rid of them ?

Capture.PNG

We run Windows 7

Windchill 10.1 M040

I read some cases and threads, tried suggestions, the processes per above are still there after the suggestions.

Below is what I have tried.

Set the config options .........we run chromium_browser because IE comes up with script errors.

config options:

enable_3dmodelspace_browser_tab no

enable_partcommunity_tab no

enable_resource_browser_tab no

windows_browser_type chromium_browser

Also, set the Windows Settings to uncheck box "Expand the browser during startup" which updates the creo_parametric_customization.ui

Does not help either, any other suggestions?

Capture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:bradlawrence)

These processes are the embedded Chrome web browser.  If you change the windows_browser_type back to using IE, they will go away.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV

These processes are the embedded Chrome web browser.  If you change the windows_browser_type back to using IE, they will go away.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

By the way, they don't hurt anything.  We run the embedded Chrome browser here and are pretty happy with it.  The only thing you need to do is remember to manually kill these (with Task Manager) any time Creo decides to do an "unplanned exit". 

From my understanding and to Toms point, you cant get rid of them, but setting the options that you mentioned will MINIMIZE the number of them that are started...

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mdebower)

No, that's not correct.  If the windows_browser_type is not set to Chrome you won't get any zbcefr.exe processes.  Internet Explorer runs in a different process.

True Tom,  I should have stated when running the chrome browser....

the internet explorer application is genlwsc.exe

You can get more information on this process in article CS229272

Top Tags