cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

"Review Workflow" needed for start of Change Request workflow?

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

"Review Workflow" needed for start of Change Request workflow?

Anyone know why the OOB Review Workflow would be needed for a Change Request workflow when it is not in the CR workflow?

If I have Review as not Enabled, then the CR workflow will not go past the Submit task!

Perhaps a Preference setting?Review+in+CR+workflow.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ScreenShot627.bmp

Check the life cycle template you are using (asigned) for your CR workflow, and if you do not want to execute the "Review" Workflow, then within the life cycle state or life cycle phase, simply delete the "Review" workflow. Save the changes to the change request life cycle template and check it in...Then create a new change request to test it...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You have a fork with 2 options:

• Review
  • Observe

If you choose Oberse, you will not promote any object.

Is editing, the workflow to remove the Review activity to jump to Promote, a option?

ScreenShot627.bmp

Check the life cycle template you are using (asigned) for your CR workflow, and if you do not want to execute the "Review" Workflow, then within the life cycle state or life cycle phase, simply delete the "Review" workflow. Save the changes to the change request life cycle template and check it in...Then create a new change request to test it...

lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:lgrant)

Thanks for the replies but I do not have a Review workflow in my workflow... that's my question, where / why is it getting launched.

My workflow starts but the workflow will not move past the first task unless the Review (OOB) is checked as active in the list of Workflows.

With the Review not active, the CR will show in the Submit (but the workflow is not Running) but will not move to Assign CRB task (first task on my workflow).

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:lgrant)

You might in fact have a "stealth" Review workflow in there...

When you first save a lifecycle, sometimes it automatically fills in additional workflow templates, for the phase / gate of certain states. This is really horrible system behavior. Need to agressively monitor this by looking at the saved lifecycle, Workflow tab, each state.

Top Tags