cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Section cutting plane line font is different between two like drawings but drawing configs appear to be the same.

gspencer-4
1-Newbie

Section cutting plane line font is different between two like drawings but drawing configs appear to be the same.

I couldn't find a better area to ask this: I have two drawings with nearly the exact same part detailed. One has a section cutting plane line font as a dense phantom line. The other has a very wide spread phantom line font that, in my opinion, does not look good on the print. I can't find any discrepancies between the two drawing configs so I'm not sure why this has changed between the two drawings. I don't think it's the size of one of the parts as the part with the preferred cutting plane line font - its casting drawing has the bad looking cutting plane line font and obviously the casting is the same size...besides stock. I don't think the PTC defaults have changed in the time it took me to finish one drawing and create the other either as, again, I don't see any differences in the drawing configs. In the Creo drawing the cutting planes look alike but as soon as I plot them on PDF or even print them directly from Creo the one changes to the spaced out phantom font. Any ideas???

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I guess that the difference is cause by line_style_length drawing option.

See also Axes printing

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't see that drawing option in the drawing properties. Is that for Creo 2? Also, I should mention that it appears to be any NEW drawing I create after around the time I created that first drawing. I guess any drawing that was made before that I modify has a drawing option that is already set while every drawing I make now is set up with the new cutting plane drawing option? But again, I don't see any differences in the drawing properties. Some hidden config setting?

Hi,

open both drawings and save their drawing properties into files. Upload these two files (use How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply procedure), I can compare them for you.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't see that drawing option in the drawing properties. Is that for Creo 2? Also, I should mention that it appears to be any NEW drawing I create after around the time I created that first drawing. I guess any drawing that was made before that I modify has a drawing option that is already set while every drawing I make now is set up with the new cutting plane drawing option? But again, I don't see any differences in the drawing properties. Some hidden config setting?

Top Tags