cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Issue trying to import Frame Layout extension

khayes1
13-Aquamarine

Issue trying to import Frame Layout extension

Hi,

having trouble trying to import the Frame Layout extension to one of our Thingworx servers. We have a number of test servers where I was able to import the extension without any issue. However, when I try to import it to our 'live' server it does not import and shows the following error in the logs.

The extension 'FrameLayout_ExtensionPackage' version [1.0] must match the "major.minor.patch" pattern containing only integer values. Assuming a zero value for patch number. Please fix this in the metadata.xml file of the extension.

It passes the validation test prior to trying to import, but then fails on the actual import. All the servers are running the same version of Thingworx ( 8.2.8-b856). 

I've seen previous posts refer to the platform settings json file, but all of ours are the same (None of them include the "ExtensionPackageImportPolicy". 

Would anyone have any thoughts on what might be happening here, or ways around this?

TIA,

K

Does anyone have any idea

10 REPLIES 10
khayes1
13-Aquamarine
(To:khayes1)

The full list from the logs is:

Starting entity import of /ThingworxStorage/extensions/temp/85-FrameLayout_Extension_v1_0_57131ee2-49d5-4a92-8c01-0a38e4c730ef/85-FrameLayout_Extension_v1_0/metadata.xml

The extension 'FrameLayout_ExtensionPackage' version [1.0] must match the "major.minor.patch" pattern containing only integer values. Assuming a zero value for patch number. Please fix this in the metadata.xml file of the extension.

Deprecated extension structure: The element, FrameLayoutDefaultStyle, was found in metadata.xml and is a deprecated pattern for defining StyleDefinitions in an extension.
Please refer to Project and Extension File Structure in the ThingWorx Extension Development Guide for more information.

Successfully added for import /ThingworxStorage/extensions/temp/85-FrameLayout_Extension_v1_0_57131ee2-49d5-4a92-8c01-0a38e4c730ef/85-FrameLayout_Extension_v1_0/metadata.xml

Export file missing version information. No migration will be performed.

Share the extension.zip file.

Hi,

thanks for the reply, I have attached the version I am using.

K

Hi,

Updated the XML file. Please try to import again and let me know the status.

Regards,

Sathishkumar C.

Hi,

thanks so much for doing that. your fix seemed to remove that version error, but unfortunately it still didn't import.

However, I think I now know the reason why, as the widget relies on the 'FrameLayoutDefaultStyle' and that style is not present on the server.

Odd thing though is it is on all our other servers. I tried exporting the style from one to import the server with the problem, but it wouldn't let me import the style, and gave me the log entry warninigs below:

• Cannot Create Extension Objects : Ignoring Imported Object StyleDefinition [FrameLayoutDefaultStyle],
  • Ignoring StyleDefinition [FrameLayoutDefaultStyle]

Not sure what is going on there. If I just create a new style of my own on a different server that imports with no issues.

Thanks again,

K

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @khayes1.

We recommend opening a case so a member of our Technical Support team can review your system.  I will be happy to open the case on your behalf if you are in agreement.

Regards.

--Sharon

khayes1
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

Thanks for the offer but we will explore a little further ourselves first. We have opened cases in the past, so if it is required we are able to do that.

K

okay

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @khayes1.

If you have resolved your issue, please feel free to post it here for the benefit of others with the same problem.

Regards.

--Sharon

khayes1
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

Was unable to resolve the issue. In the end we removed use of the widget and used a different widget (Responsive Tabs) to achieve the same effect.

K

Top Tags