cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Coordinate system in a drawing

ErikClacey
12-Amethyst

Coordinate system in a drawing

How do I add a coordinate system in a drawing? I have an assembly where the common coordinate system is far from the small area that I'm detailing on one sheet. I'd like to add a coordinate system next to the drawing such that it is easy to understand its location. Do I have to draw it by hand or it there a better way?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Erik,

Hint no.1:

Create additional coordinate system closer to your model and use layers to hide unwanted coordinate systems.

Hint no.2:

Simulate coordinate system using datum curves.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Erik,

please attach a picture of the drawing.

FYI: You can display model csys in the drawing.

MH

Martin Hanák

I can't attach a picture of the real drawing but here is a simplified drawing, I hope that it does not complicate things. If I use the Ccys display filter I'll see all the coordinate systems (several hundreds) due to the complex assembly. I only want to see the main reference coordinate system and see it in the drawing which is scaled so that I can see the subassembly.

Capture.JPG

Erik,

Hint no.1:

Create additional coordinate system closer to your model and use layers to hide unwanted coordinate systems.

Hint no.2:

Simulate coordinate system using datum curves.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags