cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PTC Creo Parametric Animation Tutorials

lrafter
1-Newbie

PTC Creo Parametric Animation Tutorials

Anyone know of any tutorials for the Creo Parametric animation function?  There aren't any on PTC University Learning Exchange, and I've only really found one YouTube video that was helpful.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

Go to the PTC website and hover over Services and click on Free Tutorials.

free_tutorials.jpg

Then search for Animation.

Thanks,

Amit

I've already done that.  There are only 3 tutorials for animation.  2 are for Creo Illustrate, which do not help because I am using the animation function in Creo Parametric.  The other one is for Creo Parametric, but is not relevant either because it is for servo motors and kinematic analysis.  Is there anything else?

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:lrafter)

The only animation I've done was controlling it via external means - such as using Excel VBA to create a trailfile that made changes and saved frames and then using a movie program to join the frames into the movie. Not trivial, but able to change anything during the animation, such as camera position, component sizes (regeneration is available) and color/transparency/decals/textures.

Now I'd use AutoIt; would probably create a simple movie timeline interpreter to handle the in-betweens for frames.

Other than that  - more details == better answers.

I'm not asking about other programs or methods of creating animations.  There are many of those.  I was specifically asking about using the animation feature that is built into Creo Parametric.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

I'm ashamed and will try to serve you better in the future.

I had already done the YouTube thing.  That was an obvious possibility to me.  There are a couple of videos on there that are quite helpful.  A lot of them just show animations that were created in Creo Parametric, but not how they were created so they aren't really helpful.  Others either don't apply to Creo Parametric or animations, but there's always a mixed bag when you do a search on something like this.

The second link you provided with the Design Animation Concepts Guide is helpful.  It is for a much older version, Wildfire 4.0, but so far it seems that most of that stuff has not changed in the Creo Parametric platform that I am using.  Thanks for sharing.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Try this posting in the FIRST community.

How are you learning Creo Parametric CAD?

Top Tags