cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Assign Downtime reason to machine status in production status history graph

GibranH
3-Visitor

Assign Downtime reason to machine status in production status history graph

Is there anyway I can assign specific downtime reason when the machine is in unplanned downtime status in the dygraph? I ideally whenever there is unplanned downtime I would like the user to manually assign a downtime reason to the status of the machine. 

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @GibranH ,

You can try using custom equipment status for the assets and can be configured as per the requirement.

In the status name, you can give any name using Localization Tokens.

Refer below url for configuring custom status.

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_apps/r8.5/en/#page/thingworx_apps%2FThingWorxAppsCust%2Fconfiguring_and_customizing_equipment_status.html%23

Regards,

Himanshu

HI @hchanana 

thank you for your reply. In the documentation it mentions that we can only have 9 status definition. Is it possible to have more than that? 

Ideally what I want is that the application should automatically assign Unplanned Downtime status to the machine when machine is not working. Then the operator should select a downtime reason (Maintenance, Setup Change etc) from a predefined data table and change the status of the machine from unplanned downtime to particular downtime reason manually for that start and end time of the status. I'm unsure how setup this process so that the operator can manually change the status of the machine's historical data from the dashboard. 

Is there a way to display the historical status of the machine in a data table and allow the operator to change the status in that data table? This should also ideally change the color of the status on the dygraph. 

Hi Himanshu,

I have a long list of downtime reasons for planned downtime and unplanned downtime statuses. I need to know how to define these downtime reasons within Mfg. apps.  for example how to define the following status with downtime reason?

planned down time - maintenance 

unplanned down time - Meeting

I looked at the link you sent below and I can only define 9 statuses.

Top Tags