cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

"Invalid value" error when creating a parameter with a list of restricted values.

MD_10042810
1-Newbie

"Invalid value" error when creating a parameter with a list of restricted values.

I am using Creo 9.0.5.0.  Like the title says, I am trying to create a few parameters with a drop-down list of values.  Basically exactly what this video is doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzvw8wfwavc

I am getting an "Invalid value" error when I try to create this list and I am not sure why.  What might I be doing wrong?

MD_10042810_0-1691256530166.png

Thanks,

Matt

Quick video tutorial: How to create drop-down menu for Creo parameters without external file Question: When to use a restricted external file? Answer: When you need to use the same parameter type and the same list of variants for more than one Creo file. This video has been created based on a ...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I got it ...

After defining values on Definition tab you have to switch to General tab and set parameter value in Value field. Only then you can click OK button.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Creo 9.0.2.0 ... I reproduced the problem

Creo 7.0.5.0 ... no problem

Suggestion: Report the problem to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I got it ...

After defining values on Definition tab you have to switch to General tab and set parameter value in Value field. Only then you can click OK button.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags