cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Duplicate model search using built in pro/e config...

ptc-3165095
1-Newbie

Duplicate model search using built in pro/e config...

Is anyone out there using the shape indexing or duplicate modelsearchfunction in modelcheck? We have CADseek but I was wondering if PTC has imporved this concept since I last looked at it back in WF2 when it was called shape indexing. It did not really work that well back then. I am on WF4 and PDMlink 9.1 m020.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

If you're back again someday Wayne, I'm setting this up now on our site.  Creo 2 M120, WC 10.1.  I'll post results here.

Jim,

Did you get this working?

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the reminder.  I did NOT get it to work with Creo 2 M120, WC 10.1 M010.  But PTC Support reported to me they did with Creo 3.0 M040, Windchill 10.2 M030.

- Jim.

I came across this after I posted.  It was fixed in M140.  I am working on M150 but it still won't work fully.  I get the Search button but it doesn't return anything.  I have a call into PTC about it.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS187502&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=%22shape%20indexing%22&source=se…

Are you on WC 10.2 M030?  I wonder if the two must both be fixed to a certain level.

PDMLink 10.1 M050

I wonder if the answer you will receive is.. you must move to WC 10.2?

Top Tags