cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Is it possible to create "dynamic" drawing formats?

Phillip1
11-Garnet

Is it possible to create "dynamic" drawing formats?

Question:

Is it possible to make a single drawing format that can dynamically change size, imperial or metric standard, projection angle, title block configuration, etc by making selections in a "drawing format configuration" dialog box?

Challange:

Our company has over 250 different managed drawing formats which cover standard sheet sizes for imperial and metric, as well as 1st and 3rd angle projection. In addition to the standard drawing sizes, we also have double-wide, triple-wide, etc. Our assemblies are typically round and long. Finally, our title block is different for Part drawings and Assembly drawings.

Major Pain Point:

Making updates to our drawing formats is a nightmare because all drawing formats have to be modified to reflect the new change(s).

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I am almost sure that requested functionality is not available "out of the box".

You can solve your situation by developing a ProToolkit application (I am not sure whether ProToolkit is really necessary).

Martin Hanák

Martin,

I pretty much thought it would have to be done using something like ProToolkit. 

Just wondering what others have used to address this.

I think this is what we are going to do if we decide to move forward. We took a step back to see how MBD is going to affect our needs. 

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:Phillip1)

Have you  tried to categorize possible choices by options controlled by:

• detail configuration file
  • drawing template
  • drawing table or symbol selection 
  • format

Top Tags