cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to use Mathcad graph in Pro/E drawing?

dm-3
1-Newbie

How to use Mathcad graph in Pro/E drawing?

Hi,

I have a graph created in Mathcad and I want to use it in Pro/E drawing.

I want to associativity between Mathcad and Pro/E.

How to do this?

--

Dhinesh

13 REPLIES 13
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:dm-3)

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Which version of Mathcad and Pro/E do You want to use?

Another link "Mathcad and Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Integration":

http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/176/mathcad-and-creo-elements-pro-5-0-integration

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Dhinesh M wrote:

I have a graph created in Mathcad and I want to use it in Pro/E drawing.

You can show or describe the problem in more detail what you want in the end?

dm-3
1-Newbie
(To:VladimirN)

Vladimir,

I am building some calculations in Mathcad. The calculation is a spring calculation. We are craeting a graph within this worksheet.

The Mathcad sheet is integrated with a Pro/E suspension assembly.

When I detail the suspension model in drawing module of Pro/E, I want to display the graph created in Mathcad. Now we are manually drawing the graph using draft tools in Pro/E drawing.

Is there any easy way to link the Mathcad graph other than using OLE.

--

Dhinesh

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

So, you want to embed Mathcad calculation in drawing file Pro/E ".drw". I have never seen such a thing.

dm-3
1-Newbie
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks a lot Vladimir.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Why don't you export the data from Mathcad to a format that ProEng will accept?

Mike

I tried Mike. But failed cuz unable to find right format.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

What happens to the drawing once it's completed? It is displayed as a pdf or put into a word document?

Mike

Mike,

I am successful in integrating parameters of Pro/E with Mathcad. But my problem is to use a graph plotted in Mathcad.

I want to use it in Pro/Drawing.

--

Dhinesh

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Dhinesh, hello!

After I saw that it is possible to embed into the drawing module Pro/E Drawing, I want to show how you solved the problem by the integration of Mathcad with the module Pro/E Drawing. Unfortunately, all the menu Pro/E are shown in Russian language.

1. Working in the module Drawing (in Pro/E) go to the tab "Layout". And then in the menu "Insert" select type "Object":

Layout_insert_object.jpg

2. In the settings window, insert the object, select "Create from File" -> "Browse" and point to the desired to us file Mathcad.

Insert_object_window.jpg

3. Inserted so the object can be edited, and at the same time, activates the panel program Mathcad. Mathcad document is interactive and we can change our calculations, as well as to adjust / resize the display window in a drawing.

Mathcad_embed_in_ProE_drawing.jpg

4. The final result for the integration of Mathcad into the document module Drawing (in Pro / E) as follows:

Mathcad_ProE_drawing_integration.jpg

Top Tags