cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Attribute columns show up in my work spaces. How can I have them show up in the parts catalog (common space)?

MikeGwin
1-Newbie

Attribute columns show up in my work spaces. How can I have them show up in the parts catalog (common space)?

Attributes such as user defined parameters show up in columns in my work spaces. However, they do not show up in the parts catalog (common space).

It is not a "display" issue. They don't even show up in the column list in the parts catalog (common space)

We are running Windchill PDM Essentials 10.2 M030.

2 REPLIES 2

I can't think of a reason why it appears on Workspace view and not on common space. Ensure that you have the right object type (CAD Document, if you don't have a soft type)

diplay.jpg

One another way to verify it is by going to advanced search, select CAD document, In the criteria, go to more and see whether the attribute which have created appears there.

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

This helped a lot.

Did not realize that the custom view set up was accessed through the folder contents drop down.

The default view of the parts catalog for CAD Documents only had a few columns shown. However, the workspace had all of them.

I decided to create a custom view with the admin account and share to all users called CAD Documents with Attributes.

Also you suggestion for the advanced search would work as well. The attributes are available there to search.

Many Thanks!

Top Tags