cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Installing Windchill 9.1 on centOS

phartwig
12-Amethyst

Installing Windchill 9.1 on centOS

I am trying to create a development environment using vmware and centOS 5.6. When the installation of windchill gets to where Apache is launched, it fails with the error: "error while loading shared libraries: libldap-2.2.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". The file does not exist in the environment, but a newer version does, libldap-2.3.so.0.

Can Apache be configured to use the newer version, or do I need to find the previous version and install it? And, will the PTCSolution Installer use the new library if I do reconfigure the Apache?

Thank You,

Paul Hartwig
Ingersoll-Rand

2 REPLIES 2
ShawnLothrop
4-Participant
(To:phartwig)

These libraries are supplied by two different RPMs. libldap-2.2.so.7 is part of the compat-openldap RPM, while libldap-2.3.so.0 is part of openldap. Install or update the openldap RPM and you'll get the missing library.

-- Shawn

phartwig
12-Amethyst
(To:phartwig)

Thank you to everyone who has replied and got me this far..

I have finally got an "out of the box" installation of Windchill that works. However, when I attempt to apply the customizations we made to the modeled classes using the tools.xml model_install, I get the error "BUILD FAILED /opt/ptc/PDMLink/Windchill/bin/tools.xml:905: Java returned: 1"; and the build log contains "Error: Cannot load model data for class 'wnc/Foundation:wt.fc.WTObject". I have validated the path, classpath, and jar file are all correct. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You,

Paul Hartwig
Senior PLM Engineer
Information Technology
Climate Solutions IT Engineering Systems
Ingersoll Rand
314 West 90th St
Minneapolis, MN 55420

' (952)887-2486
7 (952)886-6064
* paul_hartwig@irco.com<">mailto:paul_hartwig@irco.com>
þ www.ingersollrand.com