cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Windchill -MES integration

ptc-5644901
1-Newbie

Windchill -MES integration

Hello All,

One of our customer requirement is to Integrate the MES to Windchill.

Please any one can give some idea how to do integration using ESI??

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

Hi

PTC ESI will support integration between Windchill ,SAP and Oracle Apps only. ESI will not support MES.

I heared PTC and GE(MES) togather developing Windchill and MES intergration project. I dont know when its will be release to market!

Let us wait and see..!!

We are also doing same to same ( Windchill and MES integration) project for our customer with customization only. We are in starting phase only.

Regards

Murali

murali@prism-ind.com

www.prism-ind.com

Shripad
7-Bedrock
(To:Murali)

Hello,

Anyone have update on Windchill and MES integration?

Is PTC supporting Windchill -MPMlink-MES intergration?

If yes Which MES PTC support?

Any customer implemented Windchill -MPMlink-MES intergration?

Thanks,

-Shripad

GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite
(To:Shripad)

Hi

PTC have some "MES integration" based on ESI framework

https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/169036/en/MESIntergrationCustomizationGuideAthens.pdf

I assume made for GE's MES integration ...

will depend of your MES need ... Routings, Control Characteristics, 3D or 2D Viz,  Cn program file distribution , etc ...  lot of business use cases ...

Thanks for the info. I m reffering the doc, basically looking for integration with Rockwell MES.

dhewett
4-Participant

I previously worked at Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse and witnessed a Windchill - MES integration but I believe that it was heavily customised (directly with the PTC architects). In my present role, this will be on the roadmap in the next few years so very interested to stay in the loop. The current MES is SAP ME.

Shripad
7-Bedrock
(To:dhewett)

Hi ,  

Can you brief me what type of cutamization you have done & how?

You can reply me on shripad1000@gmail.com

THanks,

-Shripad

dhewett
4-Participant

Good morning Shripad,

It is two and a half years since I worked on the Airbus implementation of Windchill PDMLink as the database backbone of a full PLM system. Basically it was 3D modelling > Windchill PDMLink > SAP > MES all connected by a TIBCO bus allowing flow of data in any direction as required by use case. Specifically MES was driven by SAP which in turn was driven by 3D modelling and Configuration Management in Windchill. Then MES data (As-built)flowed back into Windchill to complete the Product Structure. I have no details of the customisation that was required and implemented but it occupied a lot of people over a lengthy period of time. Still it was very impressive to see As designed/As built reconciliations managed seemlessly. Sorry cannot be more specific with the details of the customisation, as I was more on the side of the business requirements than the solution. 

Top Tags