cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Bend back option not creating correct feature

VV_10659302
5-Regular Member

Bend back option not creating correct feature

I have a Sheetmetal part which I created using revolve option. I use unbend option to make a flat representation of the profile add 2 bends at either ends of the part and also couple of holes. Then I use bend back option to retrieve the original bend profile. Unfortunately, the profile created by the bend back option is not the same as the initial profile. This is shown in the attached pic-black line is the bend back profile and green line is the original profile.
1) Why does this happen?

2) Can I get back to the original bend profile?

3) Is there another option to create this bend profile and add the necessary bend and hole features?

NOTE: I use Creo 8.0.4.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:VV_10659302)

Your bends in the flattened state have moved the anchor on the part for bending the part.  Also, if you look closely, the bent portion is also curved at the original radius.

Since your model is not tapered, I would suggest that you extrude the shape you want.

kdirth_0-1682013326734.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:VV_10659302)

Your bends in the flattened state have moved the anchor on the part for bending the part.  Also, if you look closely, the bent portion is also curved at the original radius.

Since your model is not tapered, I would suggest that you extrude the shape you want.

kdirth_0-1682013326734.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags