cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Cannot Save Custom Filters in Parameters

DM_10080242
3-Visitor

Cannot Save Custom Filters in Parameters

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 7.0 (connected) Release 7.0 and Datecode7.0.5.0

When you create a custom filter in the Parameters of a model (using the "Filter Parameters" dialog), I can find no way to save the custom filters. Apparently, the custom filters are not saved when the model is saved, because when I close and then open the model later, all the custom filters in the Parameters are gone. The "Filter Parameters" dialog has no "Save" button. I have searched the PTC knowledge base as well as Google, and I can find no instructions on how to save custom filters in Parameters.

Here are the errors that I faced
There are no error messages associated with this inquiry. I just want to save my custom filters in Parameters! If Creo is incapable of saving custom filters in Parameters, then this is something that definitely needs added to Creo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

use File > Save Configuration As to save rp_config.xml file. Then add line into config.pro - see following example. At the end restart Creo.

parameter_dialog_setup_file E:\users\creo4_parametric\rp_config.xml

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:DM_10080242)

Create your custom filter.  From the Parameters window select File/Save Configuration As... and select a location.  Set Configuration parameter_dialog_setup_file to that file (rp_config.xml) by browsing to it in the configuration editor.

kdirth_0-1663676675067.png 

kdirth_1-1663676712021.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Excellent.  Exactly the info I needed.

Hi,

use File > Save Configuration As to save rp_config.xml file. Then add line into config.pro - see following example. At the end restart Creo.

parameter_dialog_setup_file E:\users\creo4_parametric\rp_config.xml

Martin Hanák

Many thanks.  That's exactly what I needed.

Top Tags