cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Invert/Mirror Decal Appearence

VR_9713318
8-Gravel

Invert/Mirror Decal Appearence

Hello.

Anyone knows why the button of edit decals are not available?

Inside my model, the decal is being mirrored and I can't edit to solve the problem.

Since it is an old part, I can't change the surface normal direction.

Old version inside YouTube video:

VR_9713318_0-1686765662003.png

My Creo 7.0

VR_9713318_1-1686765725342.png

VR_9713318_3-1686765773902.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:VR_9713318)

Sorry, its been a while and I gave you bad advice. Here is the correct information:

1. Click on appearances, and edit the appearance that contains the decal.

2. Click on the eye dropper

Capture.PNG

3. Select the surface that the appearance is applied to. After that, the dialog below will show up and then you can flip the decal as required:

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris3
20-Turquoise

Right click on the button next to the image drop down that shows the preview of the image. It will say "preview texture". Up will pop an image editor that can you use to manipulate the image.

Capture.PNG

Hello, Chris.

I tried to edit like you suggested, using the mirror button, but it did not work.

The "save" option is disabled, so I can't guarantee that my changes are being applied.

Is this because I'm using an external image for that? The option to save the image inside the part is not activated.

Thanks.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Sorry, its been a while and I gave you bad advice. Here is the correct information:

1. Click on appearances, and edit the appearance that contains the decal.

2. Click on the eye dropper

Capture.PNG

3. Select the surface that the appearance is applied to. After that, the dialog below will show up and then you can flip the decal as required:

Capture.PNG

Hello, Chris.

Makes sense now, the "eye dropper" to edit only one area of the decal, not the decal itself.

It worked perfectly.

Thanks a lot!

Chris3
20-Turquoise

glad I could help. Just for any future people who find this thread, the "sys" was a typo on my part. Its not called that. I meant to type "eye dropper".

Top Tags