cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Line weights and PDF files

TonyRoberts
1-Newbie

Line weights and PDF files

I looked around for a solution but to no avail. Changing the config.pro pen_line_weight has no effect on my drawings. I tried using a pen table but did not get the results I was looking for. Using the pen table (I think) means that all geometry lines printed with pen 1 will all have the same line thickness. This means that, not only geometry lines but drawing border lines will be the same thickness... which I don't want.

PTC TPI 117022 suggests changing the line weight config.pro option which will not overwrite user-defined thickness. I have made sure that I have no table.prt files, the option to use pen tables is removed from config.pro and the option to use pen tables for PDF is removed.

Lines that have user-defined thickness print with correct weight but no matter what number I put in to the pen 1 and pen 2 options, geometry and dimension lines are not affected (too thick and too thin respectively).

Currently using Creo2.0 m50. What am I missing?

Thanks all.

30 REPLIES 30

To close this community thread on Line weights and PDF files

Summary of the exchanges and list of solutions:

• If no Pen Table is used, the line weights will be set "as displayed" on the screen in the PDF.
    • pen#_line_weight configuration options won’t affect the export (only plotters)

cgorni_0-1641915834182.png

• In order to control the line thickness, you will need to use a Pen Table as explained in article CS25880, also some examples are provided in the different replies.
    • Then each line with a given System/Entity color (eg Geometry, Curve, etc) will get the properties defined in the corresponding pen.
    • User-defined colors will go to pen 1
    • The thickness defined on screen will be preserved if not explicitly defined on the pen, otherwise it will be overridden.
      • Therefore you cannot specify a new default thickness for objects assigned to the same pen and keep the manually entered weight in drawing for some of those lines.
      • Possible workaround:
        • Set lines with a defined weight to a different system/entity color that is assigned to a pen with no thickness argument.
        • If you need to specify a user defined color to those lines you may want to move the other system/entity colors (eg Geometry "drawing_color", Datum "datum_color", etc) that go to pen 1 to another pen (eg 4), and keep pen 1 for user defined color only.
        • For example only setting a black color as output:

pen 1 color 0.0 0.0 0.0

pen 4 thickness .035 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; drawing_color; datum_color

Top Tags