cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Parameter PTC_COMPONENT_SETS has invalid set name(s). Set activation aborted.

JimWhite
2-Guest

Parameter PTC_COMPONENT_SETS has invalid set name(s). Set activation aborted.

"   Parameter PTC_COMPONENT_SETS has invalid set name(s).  Set activation aborted."  I am receiving this message in the message log when regenerating an assembly and I am having trouble finding out where the problem lies so that I can resolve it.  All I have been able to discover so far is that "PTC_COMPONENT_SETS" name is reserved.

Thanks,

Jim

9 REPLIES 9
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JimWhite)

This is used to allow switching between different constraint sets.  You probably have some relations that would switch how a component was placed.  Take a look at the assembly and component level relations and also the different constraint sets of each component.  You may be able to quickly locate the problem by zipping the assembly up and regenerating, then slowly unzipping until the error reappears.

Tom,

Pardon my ignorance but I am not sure what you mean by zipping, regenerating and slowly unzipping.  Is this a function available in Creo that I am not familiar with and does it have anything to do with creating *.pvz files?

Thanks for you assistance,

Jim

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomU)

Tom,

Are these links correct or have they become corrupt?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Both are clearly broken.  Smiley Frustrated

Here is the current help document location:  To Move the Model Tree Insertion Locator

Probably out of luck on the video.  Most videos didn't survive the Lithium migration.  Smiley Sad

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

A little thick in the skull.... now I know what you mean by zip and unzip......    🙂

Alfa021
1-Newbie

Hey guys,

i still dont understand how to do this zip and unzip thing. I know the insert mode and how it works, but i dont know, how to use it for solvin the Problem with the invalid set names. I would be really thankful, if you could provide me a quick step by step guide!

Thank you in advance

Thanks Tom, that makes sense!

Jim

dcokin
13-Aquamarine
(To:JimWhite)

Oh hey, I understand constraint sets!  Few people do, I imagine.  I use them all the time for kinematics.  Sometimes you want a joint that you can drag in realtime.  You can even change the "regen value" with a family table or flexibility, to change what position it pops to upon regeneration.  But, this isn't great for all use cases.  Sometimes you want a joint locked to a given position, and want to be sure it'll come up in that position when the file is opened, without a regeneration.  So, you need rigid constraints, not kinematic.  By setting up two constraints for the same part, you can get both functions.  You can pick which set is active via family table, or create a relation to handle it and control that.  Lately, I've been creating a "HOME_ANGLE" parameter, and using relations to apply that to both the kinematic joint regen value, and the orientation of a CSYS used for the rigid joint.  Another parameter controls which of these sets is active, and that can be set via family table or flexibility.  (i.e. "if JOINT_LOCKED == yes"...)

The trick is that to find and control these values, you need to look at component level parameters.  From the parameter dialog, change the "look in" menu to "Component", click the arrow, and then click the desired component from your model tree.  It'll have a string parameter called "PTC_CONSTRAINT_SET", which lists the active sets separated by commas.  (In rare cases, you may need more than one active at a time.)  Inconvenient thing about changing these by family table or otherwise, is you have to type the names in exactly, there is no pop-up menu or anything that will list the options available.

I've never seen the particular error you mentioned, but I'd guess that someone changed the name of a set or deleted one, and something is trying to activate it.  Check relations or family tables.

Relations can possibly be buried at the component level too.  So identifying the particular component that is giving you trouble would be helpful.  As others have said, you could include one model at a time, until the error appears...

EDIT: just realized this is a 2 year old question, so my answer probably isn't useful to original poster...  It was at the top of the list because another comment had also been added today, seeking clarification of prior advice...

Top Tags