cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Staggered Hole Pattern

ptc-944906
1-Newbie

Staggered Hole Pattern

Staggered_Pattern.JPG

Hello,

I need help on how to create the above staggered hole pattern within a known dia.

I thought I might be able to do it with Pattern / Fill but couldn't figure a way to get he correct spacing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

One way would be to create two hole patterns. Based on the dimensions you have given I don't think you're going to be able to use the fill pattern type.

It is possible to do it with a pattern command. Please have a look at the picture below and the command menu for the right pattern selection.

untitled.bmp

Sciyer26,

I tried that technique, but I end up with the same horizontal and vertical spacing.

Try enlarging the image (Click on it) attached in my earlier reply. I do not have proe open on my screen. Observe the TYPE of FILL Pattern used. The Dimensions, 10 and 5 are derived dimensions. The input dimension is [(10/2) * sqrt (2)] which happens to be the diagonal dimension as shown. I shall try to include a model later.

In my pattern the holes in the bottom horizontal row are .750" apart.

The holes in the first vertical row are .375" apart.

I did figure out a way to do it. I made a four hole group and then patterned that using fill with square pattern.

It is amazing how once you figure something out it seems so simple.

Thanks Sciyer26 your input helped me get there.

Top Tags