cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Windows Display Zoom and odd Workspace behavior

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Windows Display Zoom and odd Workspace behavior

Just to start off, I do not believe this to be a bug or anything to do with Windchill, just that we noticed in the workspace browser. The user had changed one of their displays to something other than 100%.

avillanueva_0-1706116969300.png

After that, the creo embedded browser started acting strange. The user reported that they could not click on the buttons on the toolbar, nothing was happening. This also might be related to multiple monitors, dragging the Creo session to another screen after the scale was changed to something other than 100%. Here is what I noticed:

avillanueva_1-1706117061916.png

If you put your mouse over the icon, nothing. If you hovered your mouse lower and slightly right, the icon highlighted and you can click that empty space and the icon activates. Weird. Thanks to @Chris3 for cluing us in. I wanted to document for others since I could not find this in the support knowledge base.  Returning to 100% and restarting Creo seemed to resolve the issue. Kind of makes sense that something gets thrown off. Note the display looks blurry like there is some scaling going on but the location of the click areas did not get changed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think they have enough to worry about. There is also this from Microsoft:

avillanueva_0-1706187623271.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

please contact PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Why? I do not believe this is a PTC issue and its solvable. I was just sharing solution.

@avillanueva wrote:

Why? I do not believe this is a PTC issue and its solvable. I was just sharing solution.

Hi,
if I were you I would ask PTC if I can use the scale 125% or 150%.

Martin Hanák

I think they have enough to worry about. There is also this from Microsoft:

avillanueva_0-1706187623271.png

Top Tags