cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo View Mark Ups displayed in all the combination states.

slandge
7-Bedrock

Creo View Mark Ups displayed in all the combination states.

Hello,

When a Model Checker provides Markup in Creo view for a MBD CAD model in an specific combination state (View State) then the markup is displayed in all the other combinations states (View states), This is creating lot of confusion while reviewing the model and unnecessary markups getting displayed in other combinations states (View states).

Is there a workaround which will allow the mark ups to hide when we switch from one combinations state (View states) to other. 

5 REPLIES 5

Hi slandge,

Thank you for your question!

I am taking the liberty to bring your image to more visibility, to facilitate finding an answer on your post.

I hope you will find a solution with an experienced member soon.

Regards,
Andra

1.jpg

Regards,
Andra
vdegaonkar
14-Alexandrite
(To:slandge)

Hi

Annotation Set are created on active view. Changing active view are considered as change in annotation set, where markups are placed in same view with changes. 

View state activation triggers change in view - so existing markups as kept as is from view state. 

I would recommend raising product idea - as this needs product improvement to for requested behaviour. 

In mean time you can possibly use following options:

- Close active view of annotation set (using cross button in top right corner)

- Select view state that you desire to open, RMB -> Replace View -> Select active view.  --> This will close the annotation set and replaces it with selected view state

Hi 

I will be raising product idea and also try the option which you suggested 

Yes, this is an issue that needs to be fixed..  It's limiting the ability for us (and all industry) to migrate to a more 3D MBD usage across the MBE.  This is not just for design, but for non-designers from fab to operations and maintenance to be able to markup lightweight 3D models.

Multiple saved views from combined states are a necessity, and each viewable state needs to contain its own Creo View markups, just like the 3D annotations created in Creo Parametric need to stay with each viewable state.  CV markups are needed for redlines during design reviews; documenting issues or info like field measurements during fab, ops, or maintenance; and additional notes and labels for training, presentation, or other informational purposes.

Top Tags