cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Rendering in Creo 4.0

MauroStefanovic
4-Participant

Rendering in Creo 4.0

Hello,

i have a Creo Essentials license and i think that render function disappear in Creo 4.0.

Fortunately i rarely use, but i'm disappointed about that.

Any idea for have a rendering? You can change scene and background, but render is another thing....

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

Photorender known from previous versions is not available anymore.

In https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS247247 you will find this explanation:

The traditional Photorender capabilities is replaced with Shading With Reflections capability.

• This was enhanced in the previous few releases to be equal or better then the legacy Photorender.
  • Another benefit was you did not have to process the rendering to see the results.
  • With the shade with reflection enabled, you can dynamically rotate your model while in the enhanced realism mode.
  • Specifically, the Appearances and Perspective modes.  Now you can easily assign materials, change scenes and see the results immediately while in Shading With Reflectio mode.

MH

Martin Hanák
pzago
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

That's interesting, actually I think Shading with Reflection has improved a lot, but in Creo 4.0 it seems I can't find the camera controls to tweak focal length etc... any hint on where they are now?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:pzago)

I wonder how cleanly this implementation was done in the animation module.

At one time it depended on the render functionality.

Looking forward to seeing if this was truly improved.

pzago
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

The "new" implementation of camera controls in Creo 4.0 is slightly better because it implements a "fixed field of view" toggle when changing focal length, other than that it's honestly a slightly sub-par way of managing the camera, as it always was (still suffer from abrupt pseudo-random angle changes when using CTRL while orienting). I hope the Keyshot integration uses a different camera management (can't check because I don't have advanced rendering)

On a side note, while realtime rendering is now very good, having to hide all the sketches and curve features is a real pain. If realtime rendering is intended to be a view mode for modeling also, then there should be a way to have realtime rendering with edges (like it was in Wildfire 4), if it's intended for visualization then there should be an easy way to get rid of all datums/curves/surfaces without having to go to layers or enabling/disabling all by hand. As it is it's halfway between the two scenarios.

Top Tags