cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Symbols on drawings show up as boxes

JM_8847223
2-Guest

Symbols on drawings show up as boxes

I'm making a drawing of a model that was created by someone else. When I show the dimensions on the drawing - all of the symbols show up as square blocks.  The numbers are fine, but the symbols for diameter, counterbore, depth etc. all show up looking like square blocks. Anybody know a reason why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We experienced the same issues. You will need to change the model and the drawing properties to the following. We made two mapkey for our users.

Drawing: set the symbol_font to stroked_asme

Driving model in drawing: set the symbol_font to stroked_asme

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sarvesh_B
13-Aquamarine
(To:JM_8847223)

Hi @JM_8847223 ,

You can refer to the article CS265761 this might help you to resolve the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sarvesh

We experienced the same issues. You will need to change the model and the drawing properties to the following. We made two mapkey for our users.

Drawing: set the symbol_font to stroked_asme

Driving model in drawing: set the symbol_font to stroked_asme

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JM_8847223)

The boxes in place of text means that your computer does not have the font that the original was created with. 

Are these TrueType fonts or a PTC font, like Font or IsoFont?

llie
16-Pearl
(To:BenLoosli)

@BenLoosli  ours used to be isofont and we hand to switch to stroked_asme for drawing and non-mbd models. 
For MBD models we had to use asme. It is a weird issue that PTC recognizes and fixed in Creo Parametric 7.0.10.0 I believe.

Top Tags