cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to create a new hatching template in Arbortext IsoDraw 7.1?

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

How to create a new hatching template in Arbortext IsoDraw 7.1?

Hello!

I created two types of hatching in the file "Hatching_new.iso". One of them is "Type 1" - copied from the template file "DefaultHatchings.iso" in Arbortext IsoDraw 7.1 M070 (located on the path: C: \ Program Files \ PTC \ Arbortext IsoDraw 7.1 \ Program \ Patterns), a second type of "Type 2" - created new and, thus, does not work. Why is hatching "Type 2" does not work properly when hatching a closed object?

Pic_1.png

Pic_2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Type 2 is no perfect tesselation. You can see this easily if you manually copy the hatched square and align it to the first. Each lineend on one edge should match one on the aligned square.In your case, the diagonal lines have the same distance from each other, but a different distance from the corner of the square!

If you need a hatching with a defined distance of the diagonal lines you might need to adjust the size of the square.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Type 2 is no perfect tesselation. You can see this easily if you manually copy the hatched square and align it to the first. Each lineend on one edge should match one on the aligned square.In your case, the diagonal lines have the same distance from each other, but a different distance from the corner of the square!

If you need a hatching with a defined distance of the diagonal lines you might need to adjust the size of the square.

Thank you for the answer. Yes, I need a hatching with a defined distance of the diagonal lines. This size of the frame for the sample hatching (square 50x50 mm) - is a prerequisite for a hatch pattern, or I can use another size (template file "DefaultHatchings.iso" use a square [50x50 mm])?

The hatching may have other square sizes, but needs to have an invisible border and an object info.

With the attached macro example you can create hatchings with diagonal lines of a defined distance from each other.

Thank you for all your help.

Hi,

I am not that much good in english to explain,

So See the image and iso file.

You can understand why the problem occured.

Hatching_new.png

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Vaduga1)

Hello Vaduga,

Thank you.

Does anyone know where is the pattern "CGM_Hatching" placed (in which the program directory of Arbortext IsoDraw, because the file "Cgmhatchings.cgm" (placed in directory "C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext IsoDraw 7.1\Program\Patterns") is empty)?

Pic.png

Hi,

Open "Cgmhatchings.cgm" using notepadCGM_HAtch.PNG

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Vaduga1)

Hello,

Thanks!

Top Tags