cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

publishing to pdf with xref's displaying and not displaying

bfriesen
16-Pearl

publishing to pdf with xref's displaying and not displaying

When publishing part of a manual that has xrefs that are not included in the selected section of the manual to publish. Why does it sometimes show the text to the section and other times it shows nothing. See attached image (xref) step 8 is included in the published selection and step 9 has a xref that is not in the publsihed selection. Image 2 (xref 2) shows step 8 with a xref that was not inlcuded in the published selection. This one shows for some reason.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks

Bryon

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Bryon,

Do you happen to be using the built-in DITA support? If so, you will find only what is being published in your active DITA map is what can be resolved. There is no built-in Arbortext functionality to reach out to a CMS (for example) and find the endpoint of any given xref target.

Cheers,
Gareth

We are not using a content management system and I think we are using the built in dita support. I was curious as to why some of the xrefs show up with out a page number ( I understand why no page number) and some do not show up at all. Both of these referenced topics were not included in the portion that was published. Anything that was in the selection as a xref printed with a page number.

Thanks

Bryon

Top Tags