cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Offset coordinate system - program

MuriloSilva
3-Visitor

Offset coordinate system - program

Can you create points or delete points of a "offset coordinate system" by relation or program?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The answer is no. Try defining and using UDF that includes relations.

UDF can take a user input.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

No. Relations and Program can only modify existing features. You can use Program to Suppress or Resume a feature.

However you can't add or remove individual points from a set of points in a single feature.

Thank you David.

What a pity.

It would be very important to me is that to suppress the points individually within the tool "offset coordinate system."

If it were possible you could create curves with various amounts of folds.

I would vary the amount of bending by a parameter.

You can create patterns driven by equations. It's been a while but I think memb_v is one of the arguments that would be useful.

Hi David.

I don't know if I did the tests correctly, but when creating the patterns driven by equations, I can't associate a curve to it without clicking on each point, so I believe that I could not leave my parametric curve to have as many folds were necessary to the user.

See the attached file. I'm using the Offset coordinate system, and thus the curve is associated with all the points automatically and if I add or delete any point the "curve" will upgrade to the remnants points.

if I created a coordinate offset system with for example 9 points, and if my user could eliminate flexibly some points, I could have straight pipes or even with 7 folds in any sense.

I want to create a file that user can edit the numbers of bends and control all dimensions in any direction. (flexible)

The answer is no. Try defining and using UDF that includes relations.

UDF can take a user input.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags