cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Manually created snap lines settings

Adam13
6-Contributor

Manually created snap lines settings

Hi!

I've encountered a peculiar problem. When I'm trying to create snap lines manually, the values of the offset and increment isn't the same as I've set in my drawing setup file. I've set the settings default_clean_dim_increment to 10 and default_clean_dim_offset to 12. This works perfectly fine when I use the Cleanup Dimensions command. It's when I create the snap lines manually using Table->Balloons->Create Snap line that the settings are weird. Per default I get offset 12,7 and increment 9,5250.

I always assumed that the manually created snap lines used the same settings as Cleanup Dimensions, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Does anybody know how I can get the manually placed snap lines to use the same values as the ones created with Cleanup Dimension? Is there another setting for those?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adam13
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Just asked PTC Support. I'll keep you updated.

Edit: This is the answer I got from PTC:

The behavior you are describing is expected. The official documentation is provided in article 48469 now linked to your case.

As summary:

• SPR 2116688 was reported in Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 and closed as Working to Specifications
  • There is no regression over versions. All Creo versions were (and are) behaving this way
  • default_clean_dim_increment and default_clean_dim_offset dtl options are intended to take affect ONLY upon usage of Cleanup Dimensions command (and not upon snap lines creation)
  • There is no existing setting allowing to configure default increment & offset values of snap lines upon creation

Not the end of the world by any means. At least now we know.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

please ask the same question to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
Adam13
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Just asked PTC Support. I'll keep you updated.

Edit: This is the answer I got from PTC:

The behavior you are describing is expected. The official documentation is provided in article 48469 now linked to your case.

As summary:

• SPR 2116688 was reported in Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 and closed as Working to Specifications
  • There is no regression over versions. All Creo versions were (and are) behaving this way
  • default_clean_dim_increment and default_clean_dim_offset dtl options are intended to take affect ONLY upon usage of Cleanup Dimensions command (and not upon snap lines creation)
  • There is no existing setting allowing to configure default increment & offset values of snap lines upon creation

Not the end of the world by any means. At least now we know.

Top Tags