Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to Thingworx failed

Level 5

Connection to Thingworx failed

I installed both Thinngworx foundation server and Industrial Connectivity, version 8.3 trial. The Thingworx foundation server is working well, I can connect to composer in Browser. However, I tried to configure IC to connect to Thingworx, and then get an error: 

Date Time Level Source Event
1/8/2019 10:50:18 AM Error ThingWorx Native Interface Connection to ThingWorx failed. | Platform = localhost:80/Thingworx/WS, error = could not initialize a secure socket connection.

Thanks a lot!

001.png

27 REPLIES

Re: Connection to Thingworx failed

Hi @grantji,

Can you please validate your ThingWorx tomcat server port (80 in your case) is correct, the app key is valid. Also enable Trust all certificates and Trust self-sign certificates and reinitialize the KepServerEX

Regards,

Himanshu

Thanks for your reply. The port is 80, I connect to foundation server via "http://localhost/Thingworx/Composer/Apps/Composer/index.html#/modeler/details/ApplicationKey~Demo/attributes" The application key is correct as well. I have enabled Trust all certificates and Trust self-sign certificates. so fat it still doesn't work. how to reinitialize the KepServerEX? I exit the industrial connection and the start it again, right?

Hi @grantji,

You need to right click on KepServerEx icon on bottom right of your machine, you will get reinitialize option there.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Himanshu

It still doesn't work, thanks a lot anyway.

@hchanana

It still doesn't work. Thanks a lot anyway.

Hi @grantji,

Can you please share the ThingWorx application logs and event  logs of KepServerEX.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Thanks Himanshu, the attachment is event log of kepware, fyi. Where can I get the Thingworx application logs?

@hchanana, I sent a private message to you. You can connect to my machine via teamviewer if need. Thank you very much for spending time on my question.

Hi @grantji,

You can get the application logs in ThingworxStorage/logs folder.

Thanks,

Himanshu