cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to connect Kepware to thingworx

gkehoe
1-Newbie

How to connect Kepware to thingworx

I am trying to connect kepware to thingworx to display an on off switch and I am having trouble on thingworx property editor editor. I am just wondering what do I put in for Host and thing name?  I have also included the error that i am receiving.                    Event 06/12/2017     16:14:02        Error           ThingWorx Native Interface  Connection to ThingWorx failed for an unknown reason. | Platform academic.cloud.thingworx.comr:443/Thingworx/WS, error: -1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hrajpal
13-Aquamarine
(To:gkehoe)

Greetings Gary,

To connect Kepware to ThingWorx Server you need to provide the following details in the Kepware Project Properties :

1. Host : It will be the hostname of your ThingWorx Server

2. Port : Port at which ThingWorx is running

3. Application Key : Search for Application Key in ThingWorx Composer for the thing specified in Project Properties

For example i am launching ThingWorx using this URL : http://localhost:8080/Thingworx .

So the host would be localhost and port will be 8080.

Once these properties are updated , the Kepware will again try the connection to ThingWorx Server using above properties .

Regards,

Himesh Rajpal

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mthakker
6-Contributor

Hey Gary,

Looks like you may have a small typo: academic.cloud.thingworx.comr​:443/Thingworx/WS

Should be .com not .comr

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks!

Milan

I have changed that typo and I'm still having the error message. Is there anything else I can do?

hrajpal
13-Aquamarine

Greetings Gary,

To connect Kepware to ThingWorx Server you need to provide the following details in the Kepware Project Properties :

1. Host : It will be the hostname of your ThingWorx Server

2. Port : Port at which ThingWorx is running

3. Application Key : Search for Application Key in ThingWorx Composer for the thing specified in Project Properties

For example i am launching ThingWorx using this URL : http://localhost:8080/Thingworx .

So the host would be localhost and port will be 8080.

Once these properties are updated , the Kepware will again try the connection to ThingWorx Server using above properties .

Regards,

Himesh Rajpal

mthakker
6-Contributor

Hey Gary,

Can you send me a screenshot of your server settings and the output that ThingWorx gives you to plug into it side by side?

Thanks,

Milan

aseaton
7-Bedrock

Hey Gary,

The host should be the address of your ThingWorx server and the thing Name is the name of the thing in ThingWorx that you will use to interface with your kepware server. This information and more can be found using this link:

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FIndustrialConnections%2FIndustrialConnectionsExample.html%23

Have fun!

Andy

Greetings Gary Kehoe,  

Following up with you on the original question posted here, can you please indicate if any of the recommendations given above answered this for you?

If any of these posts adequately answered your question, you can mark the reply as the "Correct Answer."

Or, if you are still unresolved on your original question, let us know and we can continue troubleshooting this with you. This feedback is a key step toward ensuring Community users with a similar issue are able to locate the information they need.

Best regards,

Steven M

Top Tags