cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

ThingWorx IndustrialConnection cause delay of updating the data tag in Kepware? (Pls don't move it)

seanccc
17-Peridot

ThingWorx IndustrialConnection cause delay of updating the data tag in Kepware? (Pls don't move it)

(This problem has nothing to do with Manufactory Apps ,  and probably even has nothing to do with Kepware, Please DO NOT move it to that area)

Hi, 

I have 2 channels in Kepware and each channel has a device.  The data tag get updates well when both of the devices are on,  but once one of the device get shutdown,  the delay of the data tag of the other device becomes immediately obvious.   And if set the shutdown device to "simulate" mode,  then the delay of the other device become good.  

Since the devices are in separated channels , they should not have impact on each other.   But the IndustrialConnection  is shared,  would be the problem caused by IndustrialConnection ?   Like , the remote thing of ThingWorx keep sending heart beat request to IndustrialConnection  and the request queue become too long if the device get shutdown, which cause the delay of other device  become long ? 

seanccc_0-1595427065343.png

===Version===

ThingWorx:  8.5.4

KEPServer: 6.8 V6.8.796.0 

Regards

Sean

4 REPLIES 4
wcui
14-Alexandrite
(To:seanccc)

have you tried disconnect Kepware from Thingworx and then see if issue reproduce?
seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:wcui)

@wcui ,

No, It not reproducible if disconnect Kepware from Thingworx.  

wcui
14-Alexandrite
(To:seanccc)

I think this issue needs time and effor to investigate so it is better to open a case to PTC suppport service. Do you have account to open the case?
seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:wcui)

@wcui ,

Yes, I just opened a ticket for this problem. 

https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/auth/ssl/case=15506643?from=logger

Regards,

Sean

Top Tags