cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Computer hard drive crashed, need Mathcad 15 license file recreated

jhandley1967
3-Visitor

Computer hard drive crashed, need Mathcad 15 license file recreated

Computer crashed, need license file recreated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi jhandley1967,

If you have a perpetual license for Mathcad 15.0 you can still request to move your license file to a new machine for the purposes of hardware replacement- the link to the end of sale announcement that Vladimir provided above includes an FAQ document link that covers that question, among others related to the end of sale process. Even if you no longer pay support for the perpetual license, the PTC license management webtools can be used, with your original order details, to request to move a license.

If you have any more questions on this, please reach out to me here or via direct message, and I can forward you on to the relevant people to help.

Many thanks,

Andy.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

1. Article - "How to generate new license file for Mathcad": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS29500 

2Version of Mathcad 15 is no longer supported: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Tips/Official-PTC-Mathcad-15-and-Prime-1-6-End-of-Sale-Announce...

No kidding Mathcad 15 is no longer supported. That is my complaint, that they will not even recreate a license file. All of my old Mathcad only works in up to Mathcad 15, so Prime is no good for me. Not going to waste money on something that will not work for me, so Mathcad is a real dead end given how they licensed and refuse now to at least generate a license file when a hard drive crashes for a validly purchased, owned, and licensed product.

I was hoping someone on this thread had a solution, not sending me to an article that says Mathcad no longer supported or how to obtain a corporate license for a Single Use license product (which does not apply either).

Hi jhandley1967,

If you have a perpetual license for Mathcad 15.0 you can still request to move your license file to a new machine for the purposes of hardware replacement- the link to the end of sale announcement that Vladimir provided above includes an FAQ document link that covers that question, among others related to the end of sale process. Even if you no longer pay support for the perpetual license, the PTC license management webtools can be used, with your original order details, to request to move a license.

If you have any more questions on this, please reach out to me here or via direct message, and I can forward you on to the relevant people to help.

Many thanks,

Andy.

Andy,

I have tried all of the avenues that you mentioned and cannot get anything to work. I have/had a single perpetual license (at least that is what I thought I purchased) many years ago.

So some help would be greatly appreciated.

Jamie

All,

Just a note that Andy was able to get me in touch with Vipul in customer/technical support, and he was able to work with me and get the issue resolved. My Mathcad 15 perpetual license is now transferred to my new hard drive and back up and running.

Thanks!

Jamie

Andy,

Thank you for your support!

Top Tags