cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Equation Wrapping

trip12345
5-Regular Member

Equation Wrapping

Someone else posed the question, "how do you get the equation to wrap down to the left margin when writing long equations" and I have the same problem. Someone answers "ctrl" + "enter" but that doesn't work for me and I'm not sure if it is because of my version. If I press "ctrl" + "enter" it just highlights the rest of the equation. I have MathCAD express prime 6 if that matters.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:trip12345)

Yes, it matters.

This 'Premium feature' is not available in Prime Express. You'll have to throw money in the pit to obtain a full license of Prime.

Success!
luc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Yes, it matters.

This 'Premium feature' is not available in Prime Express. You'll have to throw money in the pit to obtain a full license of Prime.

Success!
luc

trip12345
5-Regular Member
(To:LucMeekes)

That's what my gut was telling me but I hoped it wasn't true. Oh well, I'll just continue writing with the poor word wrap.

A lot of the "premium features" don't make a lot of sense, and it's possible to write work-arounds for some of the premium functions.

If your long equation almost fits on the page you might consider reducing the font size in either the whole document or just that equation (math formatting.)

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Of course, if you're desperate, you can always call the help of good-old sigma:

LucMeekes_0-1594759898757.png

(Sure, there's a far more simple method to define this function, but the above is an example of how you can get verticality to a horizontal function.

LucMeekes_1-1594760016804.png

)

Success!
Luc

Top Tags