cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Function does not recognize domain variable

JB_9943209
2-Guest

Function does not recognize domain variable

I am trying to plot a function in respect to a defined domain.  However, the function states that domain variable is undefined.  I do get discrete values when I remove the label for the function I do get a set of discrete values.  I feel like my issue is syntax, what am I doing wrong?

MathCad Help.JPG

MathCad Help_2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Whenever possible attach the worksheets, not just pictures. Its hard to debug a picture.

Even though that in your case the reason for the error seems to be clear even from the picture. Simply delete the equal sign after the definition of the function v(t).

You can't evaluate a function definition, you just can use it.

If you then type f(t)= in a separate region you will see what you expect.

BTW, its not necessary to define the range t before the function definition as it has no effect there anyway. It suffices if you define it in front of the plot you a trying to create.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Whenever possible attach the worksheets, not just pictures. Its hard to debug a picture.

Even though that in your case the reason for the error seems to be clear even from the picture. Simply delete the equal sign after the definition of the function v(t).

You can't evaluate a function definition, you just can use it.

If you then type f(t)= in a separate region you will see what you expect.

BTW, its not necessary to define the range t before the function definition as it has no effect there anyway. It suffices if you define it in front of the plot you a trying to create.

Understood on posting the worksheet.  I will ensure to do that next time.

Your explanation worked, thank you for your quick response.  Also understood on the time definition.  My plot was not captured on the screen shot, but I appreciate the information regarding it being unnecessary.

Top Tags