cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to use the symbolic engine to derive an equation?

Ackurdeeve
6-Contributor

How to use the symbolic engine to derive an equation?

I attached a simple example (clark transformation). Assume that I do not know the relationship between Uabc ,Ualpha and Ubeta. How can I derive the final transformation from the known equations? Thanks.

The file was writen in Prime 8.

clark.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

9 REPLIES 9
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:Ackurdeeve)

Before define ualpha and ubeta, Prime only can do below.

image.pngimage.png

Ackurdeeve
6-Contributor
(To:ttokoro)

The picture shows the known five equations. I want to use uabc to represent ualpha beta. How to derive the transformation matrix if i do not know this? 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Ackurdeeve)

Are you looking for something like this?:

LucMeekes_0-1682885939302.png

Sorry, that can only be done in Mathcad 11¾ .

Success!
Luc

Ackurdeeve
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

Yes, that is it. I thought prime could do this. Thanks.

Ackurdeeve
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

I have downloaded the Mathcad 15 version. but I do not know much about this version. I can not get what you have done. Could you please explain how to do this?

Ackurdeeve_0-1682957823891.png

I have a workaround in prime. But still can not rewrite as a matrix form,

CornelBejan_0-1682960712259.png

CornelBejan_1-1682960724039.png

Ackurdeeve
6-Contributor
(To:Cornel)

Thanks. Can it automately rewrite as below?

Ackurdeeve_0-1682961094443.png

I do not think that Mathcad Prime can do this rewrite. Most likely, Mathcad Prime does not have such an automatic function (at least I am not aware of any function for this purpose) that does such a thing, as LukMeekes showed above (but LukMeekes did the calculation in Mathcad 11, and there seems to be that "matrix" function that does this job on how you want it to look until the end). I don't think Mathcad 15 is capable of this either.
Only if someone creates a way/function that does this in Mathcad Prime/Mathcad 15, as it is possible in Mathcad 11, or find someone a workaround for this.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Cornel)

It's not possible in Mathcad 11 either, only in Mathcad 11¾. However, this wizardry version was never released, unfortunately.

Success!
Luc

Top Tags