cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Just a basic matrix multiplication error. Confused in using range of variables

dilraj
6-Contributor

Just a basic matrix multiplication error. Confused in using range of variables

11.jpgwhen i am using r=1 , it works good ( value of Vs) but i want to calculate for the range of values from 1 to 10. I already tried using in matrix form and semi colon form but still it is giving me error. Please help somebody22.jpg33.jpg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

May by this help you

ri.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

May by this help you

ri.png

Hi,

You cannot confuse a range variable with a single column vector.  One can be indexed into (the vector) one cannot (the range variable).  In Mathcad 14/15 these used to be displayed differently.  In Prime they are not.

Prime 4.0 enclosed with a pdf  .

I'm afraid you're confused.

You cannot see the difference between a range variable and a vector variable, unless you've chosen to use different tags for them.The difference will become apparent upon indexing the variable and evaluating it:

LM_20170923_RangeVector.png

In Prime the options of tagging (labelling) variables are more limited than they used to be in Mathcad.

On the other hand, the difference between an index and a literal subscript is apparent in Prime upon selecting the expression. A grey [ is shown next to an index then.

LM_20170923_RangeVectorPrime.png

Success!

Luc

Announcements

Top Tags