cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Prime 5 and SolidWorks

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Prime 5 and SolidWorks

I have installed Prime 5 with SolidWorks 2017.   When Prime 3.1 was released  there was an API that extracted values from SolidWorks to Prime 3.1 and returned new values to SolidWorks.  The installation of the API will not work with Prime 5 and SolidWorks 2017.  PTC does not support the API, which was written by an outside source.  Has anyone else tried installing the API?

David Tg

5 REPLIES 5
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:tietjee)

Hmmm, sounds like PTC...

Did the API work with Prime 4, or did you not try that?

Luc

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:LucMeekes)

I did not try Prime 4.  The API installed with Prime 3.1 and SolidWorks 2016.

Sudhanshu
5-Regular Member
(To:tietjee)

Attachment says it is used with Mathcad-15. 

Will .dll file of Mathcad prime 5.0 work with solid works?

@Sudhanshu wrote:

Attachment says it is used with Mathcad-15. 

Will .dll file of Mathcad prime 5.0 work with solid works?

According to @tietjee it still worked with Prime 3.1 and SolidWorks2016, but failed to work when he tried the combination of Prime 5 and Solidworks2017.

So it looks like the answer to your question is "no".

PTC is unlikely to be of any help here (not surprising) and seems to be not interested in offering a working solution.

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

I did some testing to see if I could integrate Prime 5 and Solidworks 17.  I was able to registrar Prime 5 to be an add-in in SolidWorks. The instructions are different than provided by PTC (bold are the changes).

1. Open a command window.
    2. Change the directory to your Microsoft.Net Framework version directory,:

C:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v4.0.30319

1. At the command prompt, type the following command:

regasm C:\mathcad\mathcad_14.dll /codebase

where c:\mathcad\mathcad_14.dll represents the directory where your mathcad_14.dll file is located

You will get a warning on the use of /codebase, just ignore.

Attached are the files I used, which are for Mathcad v15.  I was not able to pass variables between the two programs.  If some has the Prime 3.1 files, There may be better information/example on integrating the two programs.

Cheers

Top Tags