cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

PTC Creo 3.0 License server unreachable

rehlers
1-Newbie

PTC Creo 3.0 License server unreachable

Hello,

I am having issues with creo 3.0 finding its license server this year. I have been using this same server and license for a while without issue.  I also just tried to install creo on my workstation in my office. I then used both the server name and ip address after 7788@ but both came back as unreachable.  I double checked to see if the service was started which it was. I rebooted and made sure I had all available updates installed.  I am looking for the tool to trouble shoot the server but I am unable to locate it....Can anyone show me where it might be?  I think its a .bat file.

Thank you for any help....

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

There are a few possible reasons for this. It could be that the Creo 3.0 license is expired on the server, the server service may be off, there may be a new/update on the firewall that blocks the 7788 port...

I'd suspect that the license is expired (if you have a lab license it is valid for 2 years).

You have a few options:

1. Register again online for an upgrade to Creo 5.0

2. Try to see what is wrong with the server (license is located in Program Files/PTC/Flexnet.../licensing)

3. Register again online for a new Creo 3.0 license or for Creo 4.0 (if Creo 5.0 is not what you are looking for)

All these options depends on the way Creo is being used in the institution.

Thanks,

Alex

Top Tags