cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

PTC Installation assistant is blank when selecting MathCad application

scottytwee
3-Visitor

PTC Installation assistant is blank when selecting MathCad application

Hello,

I am trying to install MathCad 4.0 but after downloading the file, starting the installation assistant and agreeing the software agreement I am unable to proceed any further. No options come up for me to choose so I can't install the software. Any advice would be grateful 🙂

Scott

7 REPLIES 7
peterle
5-Regular Member
(To:scottytwee)

Hello Scott,

I had the same problem.

I think your assistant does not find any software in the moment.

So do the following:

1) Download the Mathcad 4.0 - Software (using your ProductCode)

2) Extract the downloaded file

3) Run the "setup.exe"

Peter

Hi Peter,

Sorry, I should of mentioned that this is for Mathcad express so I don't have a product code

peterle
5-Regular Member
(To:scottytwee)

I am not sure if I fully understand your problem, because I do not use an Express-Version, but a second attempt to help:

1) The exe-File with the (longer) name " ...installgr_mathcad....exe" alone does not work (problem just as you described).

2) I had to download a zip-File for the software first (only for this step I use the product code). After extracting this and starting with "setup.exe" the rest was quite easy.

3) I think with the Express-Version it could be similar. There should be no need for a product code for getting this package - perhaps there is a special button for "test version" ?

Same Problem for me. I tried to install the "Express"-Version of Mathcad in a with several pupils. Some installations/pupils have the same problem: There ist no option to choose from (like shown in the screenshot)

Here are some further information that might help:

- We used the "pim_installmgr_mathcad" installer (22mb).

- None of the pupils had installed Mathcad before.

- Different Windows Versions (10 Home, 64/32 bit) are used.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Gluhm)

Which 'screenshot'?

Note that you cannot successfully cut and paste a picture in a post in this forum.

Although it seems possible when you create a post. after posting the picture is replace by an icon at best.

To add a pisture to a post, you have to save the picture in a file and use the fotocamera icon above the edit window to insert the picture.

Luc

@LucMeekes wrote:

Which 'screenshot'?

I think he refers to the pictures, which scottytwee posted in his initial question.

-> https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/PTC-Installation-assistant-is-blank-when-selecting-MathCad/m-p/565459/highlight/true#M181752

Yes, i was referring top the original Post and the attached screenshot.

I could have been more precise, sorry.

Top Tags