cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathcad prime 1.0: bug with keyboard shortcuts with Italian keyboard.

Highlighted

Re: Mathcad prime 1.0: bug with keyboard shortcuts with Italian keyboard.

no don't work.

If use shift+6 with italian profile and italian language is set in windows...don't work and write &....as correctly for this profile.

Highlighted

Thanks for the update. This issue has been logged.

Mona

Highlighted

Hello all!

Just installed Prime 2.0 (Italian keyboard). I'm a skilled (and devoted) user of MathCAD. Reserved some of my week end time to try Prime (we got a license for our Formula SAE Team).

Just try to plot a parabola and... no way to square my x!!!! When I push "^" I get an if block.

This is really disappointing. Especially because the bug is an old story (old as this post).

I will stay with old Mathcad until this issue will not be fixed. It is really impossible to use a software that not respond to BASIC commands.

Any patch form PTC to fix?

Best.

Marco

Highlighted

Obviously there is a bigger problem with keyboard mapping in Prime and it seemed not to be tested by PTC. I, too, have problems with the German version. While ^ works, most of the keyboard shortcuts don't. The keyboard shortcuts stated in the appropriate pdf all are wrong. Especially annyoing when writing programs as of the idiotic need to go to the ribbon to select all the constructs rather than having a floating palette and working shortcuts.

I, too, will stay with real Mathcad (MC15, that is), not only for this, but for various other resons, too.

Highlighted

Hi Marco,

Please report this issue for PTC's tech support by using "Mathcad Support Center":

http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm

http://blogs.ptc.com/2011/09/22/how-to-use-the-brand-new-online-mathcad-support-center/

Just tried to file it; but my account is not powerful enough; and I haven't time to waste...

Furthermore, why should resubmit a bug well known and already submitted by Mona 2 years ago?

When you were cooking Prime I was enthusiastic and I offered to help as a tester.... but I haven't had a chance!

So I gave up and decided to go on with our academic license of Mathcad (we are still happy users!).

You should deserve more attention to users that can valorize your technology and stress it to the limit.

As a professor I have published several paper in which Mathcad is used in calculations.

This one for instance:

http://www.rbf-morph.com/index.php/rbf-news/1-latest-news/110-igi-global-handbook

Do you know that all the advanced algorithms used in my software RBF Morph have been first developed and tested using Mathcad?

A wrong keyboard shortcut is really bad! Yes because even if this kind of problems are physiological in new products they takes just a few hours to be fixed. And you should give a very high priority to small details that makes terrible the first experience of an expert user of the previous technology.

Hope to see a patch very soon!

Dr. Marco Evangelos Biancolini

Highlighted

Hello everyone,

this bug is still present in the italian version of mathcad, and it's really annoying because you can't use the ^ in the keyboard but have to press the button on the ribbon EVERYTIME you need a ^ .....

Highlighted

Did you already reported that bug to PTC support?

As already written there seems to be a general problem with localized keyboard layouts which PTC seemed not to have considered enough.

Hope that this will be address in the forcoming version 3 of Prime - think it was sheduled vaguely by "at the end of summer 2013".

Highlighted

Mona, shift 6 does not work on the Italian keyboard. That produces what it says, the ampersand (as it is used in MatchCad). The ^ (shift ì) produces an IF block. It's possible to shift keyboards to EN, enter it, then shift back again, but it's easier to enter it from the menu Math/Operators/Algebra/Exponentiation. It's also easier to type ALT+0094. If you remember 0094, that's fine, but the bug should be fixed, because it wasn't a problem on previous versions. If there is a workaround, please let me know.

Highlighted

I just saw this question.

You can type alt-0094 to get it. Still annoying but at least you can get it.

Announcements